Due to COVID-19, SABA is accepting badge applications via email. Please send completed notarized applications with a copy of your driver's license and bar card to email@example.com. SABA will then send you an invoice with a link to pay for your badge online. Please be advised that the badge process is currently taking longer than normal.
The Attorney Identification Badge is a privilege extended by the Bexar County Sheriff to attorneys who frequent the Bexar County Courthouse facilities. Renewals are necessary due to biannual background checks required by the courthouse.
Current Application Process
1. Download and complete the Attorney Identification Badge application. (NOTE: ALL applications must be notarized and include a copy of your driver's license (or other form of ID) and your bar card, color copy is preferred but black & white is OK)
2. Submit your notarized application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your attachments.
3. SABA staff will confirm receipt and send you an invoice via email with a link to pay the badge fee.
SABA or SA Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc. (SACDLA) Members: $100
Non-Member Attorneys: $150
Replacement Badges (lost or stolen): $40
4. SABA staff will notify applicants when their application has been approved or denied; they will also tell approved applicants where to get their badge photos taken if needed.
5. Attorneys will be notified via email when their badge is ready.
If you have any questions about badges, please reach out to email@example.com or call (210) 227-8825.