Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I USE THE LISTSERVER? – EMAIL YOUR SECTION GROUP
- You are automatically enrolled to your Section community. You do not need to do anything else.
- You can start a conversation anytime by simply emailing the email alias provided in your Welcome Message. (Example: [SectionName]@groups.sabar.org)
- Your conversation will look just like a regular email chain – you can click reply-all to email the group or reply to one person.
(If you use Outlook, we suggest clicking the box “Show as Conversation” to keep all the replies in one thread.)
- Add your group email address to your inbox contact list.
(Using Gmail or Outbox? Make sure to move group emails to your primary tab)
I LIKE THIS! HOW CAN I DO MORE? – GET QUICK ONLINE ACCESS!
- Registering to use the online platform is optional – to register click the “JOIN CONVERSATION” button at the bottom of this email.
- You will be prompted to fill out the registration form and build your profile. You will need this to access the platform.
The extra perks on the ONLINE PLATFORM include:
- You have the same services you see on the email thread; plus
- You can search the member database; plus
- View a list of who belongs to your group; plus
- Use the platform for networking by privately chatting with members.
THIS IS TOO MUCH! – CHANGE YOUR EMAIL PREFERENCES OR UNSUBSCRIBE
To change your email preferences or unsubscribe from the group email list, select the update your email preferences link at the bottom of this email.
- You control how you see the information.
- Group email frequency options include:
- Instant posts & replies – instantly receive all posts & reply-all comments
- Instant posts – instantly receive posts only & disable comment notifications
- Daily Digest – receive one email daily that features up to 3-5 posts
- No Email – never receive posts or comments to your email
- If you don’t want emails at all, we suggest you unsubscribe and access the service through the online platform ONLY.
This is our community space where we can interact in the following ways:
- receive meeting details, reminders and updates from Section leadership
- ask each other questions and share knowledge
- share important documents
- post discussion topics and tap into community resources
Participate in the following ways:
- Post a document by attaching it to the email and reply-all to share with membership
- Ask questions
- Answer questions
- Post a discussion topic and get the conversation rolling!
SABA Listserver Terms of Service
Welcome to the San Antonio Bar Association Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic rules for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
This is a robust medium for membership to seek advice, solicit the opinions and knowledge of your peers, develop relationships and participate in an ongoing conversation that not only educates but hopefully adds levity and social connection. The listserver also allows SABA Committee and Section groups to easily share event details, documents and updates to members.
Questions about the community can be submitted to a community manager at email@example.com.
Discussion Group Etiquette
1. State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
2. Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, not the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” in community messages.
3. Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the community,” to the group. Instead, select the update your email preferences link at the bottom of the email received or use the web interface to change your settings and to remove yourself from a community. If you are changing email address, you do not need to remove yourself from the community and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
1. Please note that the San Antonio Bar Association regularly monitors this community site. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in this community for anyone who violates the Terms of Service. If a user flags a post or the community manager is otherwise made aware of an alleged violation of the Terms of Service, the post will immediately be removed and the author will be notified and provided the opportunity to respond or modify. Based on the severity of the offending post, the Executive Director may request an Executive Committee determination regarding whether the user’s status should be suspended. A user who has been suspended or whose post has been removed may submit a written request to the Executive Director June Moynihan at firstname.lastname@example.org for further review. The Executive Committee will make a determination at its next regularly scheduled meeting or as soon as reasonably possible.
2. Do not initiate discussions that are off-topic or not relevant to the purpose of the community. Note that non-substantive discussions of personal opinions about politics and religion are off-topic for every community.
3. Use the community to share successes, challenges and goals to solicit constructive feedback, and to ask questions. Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, feel free to share your experience with the group in a respectful way (see Legal Information – Rule 2).
4. Do not post commercial messages (exchange services, materials or software in return for payment of any sort – including trade of like items, special discounts, cash, etc.) on any discussion list, event calendar or other area where others might see it. This provision does not prohibit Committee and Section chairs posting information about CLE/educational programs or TexasBarCLE, events of other organizations and products that you believe would benefit members of the community.
5. Do not post messages to announce office space for lease or to request experts.
6. Do not post messages intended to solicit donations for any purpose unless approved in advance by the Executive Director.
7. Do not post messages offering or soliciting any kind of business relationship (including employment), or non-SABA contributions, memberships or subscription services.
8. Do not initiate discussion for the purpose of supporting, endorsing or opposing any candidate for partisan or non-partisan office or for any position within the San Antonio Bar Association.
9. All defamatory, libelous, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. The San Antonio Bar Association cannot ensure that your post will not be forwarded or printed and shared with others.
1. These San Antonio Bar Association discussion communities are provided as a service for the members of SABA. The San Antonio Bar Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
2. Discussion posts are not the official position of the San Antonio Bar Association.
3. All listserver participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the San Antonio Bar Association harmless from and against any damages arising out of or resulting from that person’s online conduct in a listserver.
4. Exercise caution and consider your ethical obligations when disclosing specific case/client information. While this is a private online community, the San Antonio Bar Association cannot ensure or warrant the confidentiality or security of the information transmitted.
5. Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
6. Do not violate anti-trust laws, including posting messages that encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
7. Comply with all state and federal copyright, trademark and patent laws and regulations. Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally create or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.