Community Justice Program Legal Clinics
How it Works
1) Confirm that your legal issue falls into one or more of the clinic categories.
- Uncontested Divorces (without property)
- Veterans’ Legal Assistance (Advice only)
- Modification of Child Support or Custody Order (Advice only)
- Grandparent Rights (Advice only)
- Name Change (Advice only)
2) Pre-qualify by completing and returning our Client Intake Form. To download the form, CLICK HERE.
- Email completed forms to email@example.com
- Mail completed forms to CJP Clients, 100 Dolorosa, STE 500, San Antonio, TX 78205
- Drop off completed forms at the CJP Office, 5th Floor of the Bexar County Courthouse, 100 Dolorosa, San Antonio, TX 78205 | CJP Office Hours: Monday — Friday, 10 AM to 11:30 AM & 1 PM to 2:30 PM
NOTE: Potential clients without access to a printer may complete the Client Intake form in person at the CJP Office (100 Dolorosa, 5th Floor).
3) Receive notification of qualification or referral to another legal aid service or the San Antonio Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service.
If you qualify, you’ll be added to our clinic waitlist. If you don’t qualify for CJP services, you will be referred to another local legal aid organization or to the San Antonio Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service.
NOTE: The CJP processes potential clients in the order applications are received and our staff members are unable to expedite cases. We sincerely apologize for any hardship this causes. Our staff does their best to work quickly and efficiently to ensure a prompt response for all of our potential clients.
4) Once you are qualified, you will be confirmed for a scheduled clinic date.
It is extremely important that you notify the CJP as soon as possible if you are unable to attend the scheduled and confirmed clinic date, as no-shows will not be rescheduled for later clinics because of high demand for services.
Notice on Legal Advice
CJP staff members are not your attorney and are unable to give legal advice about your case. While staff members may ask for brief details about your case in an effort to determine qualification for our legal clinics, staff will not answer legal questions about your case.