What is Law Day?
Law Day, held annually on May 1 across the nation celebrates the rule of law and underscores how law and the legal process contribute to the freedoms all Americans share. This Law Day, we promote public awareness of the importance of the rule of law and continue to work to ensure that our nation’s constitutional ideals are observed.
Law Day 2021
The American Bar Association has designated as the 2021 Law Day theme is “Advancing the Rule of Law, Now.” The rule of law is the bedrock of American rights and liberties—in times of calm and unrest alike. The 2021 Law Day theme—Advancing the Rule of Law, Now—reminds all of us that we the people share the responsibility to promote the rule of law, defend liberty, and pursue justice.
SABF Law Week – Calendar of Events
In San Antonio, we celebrate Law Week with a calendar of events that include:
- A talent pipeline program at the Young Women’s Leadership Academy to identify and encourage talented high school students to pursue the practice of law;
- An elementary school reading program where we share a story about voting rights and how important it is to participate;
- A Law Week proclamation presented by the Bexar County Commissioners’ Court
- Distribution of pocket constitutions to over 1000 jurors in recognition of the role all citizens play in our dispensation of justice; and
- A luncheon dedicated to the rule of law.