The Attorney Identification Badge is a privilege extended by the Bexar County Sheriff to attorneys who frequent the Bexar County Courthouse facilities. SABA members receive a discount every time they apply or renew their badge. Badges are valid for 2 years upon application or renewal. (Renewals are necessary due to biannual background checks required by the courthouse.)
2020 BADGE RENEWAL PROCESS
· Applications must be completed and notarized for renewal of the Attorney Identification Badge, Download the application, HERE
· Renewal applicants must complete the biannual background check questionnaire via email
· Renewals do not need to re-take their photo unless otherwise indicated
· Badges will be printed once the background check questionnaire is completed and approved
· SABA staff will notify applicant when their badge is ready for pick-up
2020 BADGE RENEWAL FEES
SABA/SACDLA Members - $100
Non-Members - $150
NEW APPLICATION PROCESS
Download and complete the Attorney Identification Badge application. Applications must be notarized and a copy of your driver’s license and Texas Bar Card must also be attached.
Mail or drop off the original, notarized application with payment to SABA offices (Bexar County Courthouse, 5th Floor, 100 Dolorosa, 78205). Checks are payable to SABA.
SABA staff will notify applicants by email when their application has been approved or denied; they will also tell approved applicants where to get their badge photos taken once approved. SABA will email applicants once their badge is ready for pick-up at the SABA office.
Lost or stolen cards may be replaced for a fee of $40. Please contact SABA to replace your badge.
SABA/SACDLA Members: $100
Non-Member Attorneys*: $150
All application and replacement fees are non-refundable.